Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Yahoo Facebook Messenger bot, Android Wear & Twitter Wimbledon
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Yahoo delivers stocks, news, weather & adoptable monkey bots to Facebook Messenger
Jul 7, 2016 by Greg Finn
Thanks to a slew of new Yahoo bots for Facebook Messenger, you’ll be able to get the latest information on stocks, trending stories, weather, and also play with a digital monkey.
- Leadpages buys SMB marketing automation platform Drip
Jul 7, 2016 by Barry Levine
This first acquisition by the Minneapolis-based landing page creator will be followed by others, CEO indicates.
- Can Google boost Android Wear with new Nexus-branded, AI-powered smartwatches?
Jul 7, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Despite early excitement, Android Wear devices have not sold well to date.
- The 3 types of remarketing you should be trying
Jul 7, 2016 by Brett Middleton
Are you using remarketing to supplement your other online marketing efforts? If not, columnist Brett Middleton has some easy ideas to get you started.
- Leverage your marketing data: 9 FAQs to get you started
Jul 7, 2016 by Scott Rayden
Are you up to speed on the best ways to collect and use data? Columnist Scott Rayden answers some of the most frequently asked questions marketers have about data.
- Inside Google Play’s branded YouTube show that spanned 23 channels
Jul 7, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Google Play and Portal A took a risk by distributing a branded show across 23 YouTube channels, reaping more app installs than expected but fewer views.
- ConvertMedia launches DIY tool for standalone video ads
Jul 7, 2016 by Barry Levine
New York City-based out-stream SSP says its Studio is the first to surface all options, plus several unique ones.
- A CMO’s View: Stop Hunger Now CMO says social media levels the playing field for nonprofits
Jul 7, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Tom Barbitta shares what he hopes to bring from his 10+ years leading marketing at a for-profit brand, and what he knows will be different.
- 6 custom Google Analytics reports you should use for every CRO project
Jul 7, 2016 by Jeremy Smith
Are you getting the most out of Google Analytics for conversion rate optimization (CRO)? Columnist Jeremy Smith highlights six custom reports to improve how you analyze your metrics.
- Twitter uses Wimbledon to test live sports streams minus the sports
Jul 6, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter tested out its live streaming chops with some Wimbledon-adjacent content ahead of this fall’s NFL broadcasts.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Bing ads bolsters Keyword Planner targeting and rolls out access to the UK, Canada & Australia
- SMX Advanced recap: Lies, Damn Lies, and Search Marketing Statistics
- SEO is as dirty as ever
- Making your content perform beyond just SEO
- SMX Advanced recap: Advanced Google App Deep Linking
- Google honors Nettie Stevens, the geneticist who discovered XY chromosome
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- The Google Analytics Syllabus: How to Learn for Free, Luna Metrics
Blogs & Blogging
- "Client-proofing" WordPress, Smashing Magazine
- 27 Detailed Ways to Generate New Blog Post Ideas, Rae Hoffman
- How to Write Good…Great Blog Posts, www.kernmedia.com
- Great idea for a .blog domain? WordPress wants to know about it., Domain Name Wire
- Facebook’s OpenCellular is a new open-source wireless access platform for remote areas, TechCrunch
- Facebook is being investigated by the IRS, CNN Money
- 7 Steps To Creating Great Content, Social Bakers
- Ruthlessly Prioritizing Your Content Marketing to Find Success, Convince and Convert
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 6 Prototyping Tools For Any UX Designer, Usability Geek
Display & Contextual Advertising
- IAB Data Center Of Excellence Issues Adaptable Data Maturity Model For Brands, Agencies, Publishers & Data Providers, www.iab.com
- How To Choose Your Google Display Network Audiences, PPC Hero
- Amazon’s Interesting Finds is the best way to find a perfect gift, The Next Web
- Amazon hires extra staff as it declares ‘business as usual’ after Brexit, Telegraph
- The fourth biggest retail event isn’t even a holiday, www.cnbc.com
- These 10 Things Are the Secret to Boosting Ecommerce Revenue, Crazy Egg
- What to Expect from Amazon Prime Day 2016, www.offers.com
- How the Retail Industry Uses Email Automation, Movable Ink
- Q&A: The Big Email Marketing Questions, Marketo
- The Top 7 Email Marketing Automation Lifecycle Triggers Every Blogger Should Implement, ProBlogger
General Internet Marketing
- The Underground Bot Economy: How Bots Impact the Global Economy, www.incapsula.com
- Stop Overspending Time and Money on Marketing Techniques That Don’t Work, KISS Metrics
- Amazon’s Echo now lets you pick Spotify or Pandora as the default music source, The Verge
- Diving Headlong Into Marketing Automation? Slow Down, www.cmswire.com
- Mediaocean Sets Sights On The TV Sell Side By Acquiring Invision, Ad Exchanger
- 17 Ways You Can Improve Your Website’s Mobile UX, www.stateofdigital.com
- 4 Ways to Measure the Success of Your Mobile Initiative, www.cmswire.com
- How Local Content is Helping SMBs Keep Big Brands at Bay, moz.com
- Mobile programmatic: The basics that CMOs need to know, eConsultancy
- Why audience segments are the new currency in mobile advertising, Mobile Commerce Daily
- 4 Reasons LinkedIn Premium Is Good for Marketers, Social Media Examiner
- Facebook will test video downloads for offline viewing, TechCrunch
- Instagram nixes naughty comments, TechCrunch
- Facebook Decides Which Killings We’re Allowed to See, motherboard.vice.com
- How Momentum Drives Social Collaboration, www.cmswire.com
- Pinterest for fashion brands: ‘It’s not there yet’, glossy.co
- Snapchat’s user base is getting older: How should marketers respond?, eConsultancy
- Twitter Moments fails to gain traction with advertisers, Digiday
- Which Publishers Get the Most Traffic from Facebook?, www.similarweb.com