Marketing Day: YouTube Music, B2B influencer marketing & Microsoft Audience Network
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- YouTube’s new streaming music service to start rolling out this week
May 21, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
YouTube Music will include skippable and non-skippable in-stream ads.
- 60 Minutes segment: Google is a monopoly without question
May 21, 2018 by Greg Sterling
The segment promotes an image of the company as thuggish and market-manipulating.
- Buy vs. Develop It Yourself: Considerations for Scaling Your Ad Network
May 21, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
The question of whether to buy a performance marketing platform or develop core capabilities in-house is central to every ad network. For network owners and CTOs, who are under constant pressure to deliver innovation and revenue, it’s a decision with direct impact on short- and long-term business growth.
- 2018: The year of influencer marketing for B2B brands
May 21, 2018 by Michael Brito
Think influencer marketing is only for B2C brands? Contributor Michael Brito explains how the principles of this highly effective technique can be applied to B2B markets.
- Lightstreams seeks to solve a blockchain vulnerability: It’s too public
May 21, 2018 by Barry Levine
The startup is out with a network that offers decentralized storage controlled by blockchain-based smart contracts that grant or block granular access.
- More details on Microsoft Audience Network: Workflows, ad formats & how to target with LinkedIn data
May 21, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
How it works and what makes MSAN different from other ad networks.
- Report: Cost to drive store visits varies widely by category, mobile most efficient channel
May 18, 2018 by Greg Sterling
It cost nearly $55 to drive one incremental retail customer, while each customer visit to convenience stores cost less than $2.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology
- Human-computer interaction and digital advertising
May 18, 2018 by Peter Minnium
Columnist Peter Minnium explains the increasingly important field of HCI and its effect on the marketing environment.
- The MarTech Minute: Centro integrates with Tapad, Madison Logic partners with Marketo & more
May 18, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
The martech week in review: News and announcements in marketing technology this week that you might have missed.
- Becoming customer-centric: A tale of a NextGen MO organization
May 18, 2018 by Debbie Qaqish
Contributor Debbie Qaqish describes the structure of a company taking marketing operations to the next level.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 9 Habits of Successful Email Marketers, Movable Ink
- Building Your MarTech Stack Into an Ecosystem, Marketo
- Conversational Commerce: As Amazon expands, how should brands react?, Retail Dive
- Germany Acts to Tame Facebook, Learning From Its Own History of Hate, New York Times
- How B2B Marketing and Sales Teams Use Data, MarketingProfs
- How Evan Spiegel Fumbled Snap’s Redesign, The Information
- Local Search: What to Know to Improve Your Rankings, MarketingProfs
- Marketers say campaign measurement is the biggest challenge to transparency, Digiday
- The paradox of simultaneous martech consolidation and expansion, illustrated, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Winning with apps: 5 ways to punch up your mobile playbook, Think with Google
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.