Marketing Day: YouTube’s latest live streaming features, a new smart video platform & more
Amy Gesenhues on February 26, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- YouTube rolls out new chat replay, automatic captions & more for live streaming videos
Feb 26, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
YouTube’s live streaming is available to channels with 1,000 or more subscribers.
- Is the way you think about reach outdated?
Feb 26, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Today, digital marketers believe they have to choose between scale and precision targeting. Oracle Data Cloud offers proof that they don’t have to. The more relevant the audience, the stronger the campaign performance will be. While we’ve found that maximizing reach is important, it’s all about Relevant Reach.
- The IVEP Association is readying an ambitious new smart video platform for web and TV
Feb 26, 2018 by Barry Levine
Transactions will be recorded onto blockchain, and tokens are intended to incentivize publishers and boost consumer loyalty.
- Super Bowl ad rankings: Trust your gut or employ rational thinking?
Feb 26, 2018 by Peter Minnium
What’s the “right” way to measure the success of your advertising? Contributor Peter Minnium says the answer is “it depends,” and goes on to explain why.
- New MarTech Today report: A Marketer’s Guide to Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS)
Feb 26, 2018 by Barry Levine
It’s a long name for tools that act as data switchboards, with different added features.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Supreme Court to hear case called ‘existential threat’ to cloud computing
Feb 26, 2018 by Greg Sterling
The case involves a lawfully obtained search warrant seeking email data stored on a server outside the US.
- Get back to basics: New Forrester report lays out priorities for mobile marketers
Feb 26, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
Marketers are encouraged to shore up their mobile programs and not to be distracted by the “shiny objects” of emerging tech.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Multichannel Marketing Tactics to Improve ROI, MarketingProfs
- ABM Key Marketing Metrics to Track at Every Stage of the Funnel, Marketo
- Brands Get Better Organic Visibility with Instagram Stories, Socialbakers
- Ecommerce Partnerships: 8 Lessons 1,000+ Stores and $500m+ in Sales, Shopify
- Go Green with These 4 St. Patrick’s Day Email Ideas, Movable Ink Blog
- How Organic and Paid Content Distribution Can Rejuvenate Your Reach, Convince and Convert
- Marketers Turning to a People-Based Marketing Approach for Better ROI, KoMarketing
- Media buyers: Snapchat is focused on enabling commerce in ads, Digiday
- The Customer Voice: Bringing Value to Online Data, CMS Wire
- The Need for Authenticity: Customer Engagement & Content Marketing, Search Engine People