Marketing Day: Twitter’s New Search API, Mobile-Friendly Email Design & Google’s Alphabet
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Survey: 71 Percent Browse Retail Apps Before Buying In-Stores
Most retailers missing larger opportunity by thinking too narrowly about apps.
- Twitter Launches Full Archive Search API To Give Enterprises Instant Access To Every Tweet
Expanding on historical products offered by its Gnip service, Twitter is now offering social management platforms real-time access to full Twitter stream.
- American Girl To Crowdsource Film Introducing New Doll
What better way to get young girls intrigued than to offer them the opportunity to star in a YouTube video? That’s the idea behind the Mattel brand’s social effort surrounding two of its historical dolls.
- Getting A Grip On The Mobile Engagement Gap
Columnist Brent Hieggelke delves into data that shows there’s a growing mobile engagement gap between high- and medium-performing apps and explains what you can do to boost your app’s performance.
- Facebook Adds High-Performing Ad Units To Audience Network
The social network is now offering autoplay video in native app advertising and dynamic product and carousel ads in full-screen interstitials.
- Engagement: How To Unlock The Key To Content Performance Success
So you’ve developed a content marketing plan, and you’re producing tons of great content — the question is, is anyone reading it? Columnist Jim Yu explains how to increase engagement and improve your brand reputation in the eyes of your customers.
- The 5 Levels Of Mobile-Friendly Email Design: Time To Graduate
Some brands have mobile-friendly websites but fail to give their email subscribers the same experience. Columnist Chad White explains why it’s time to close that gap and suggests ways to do it.
- The Biggest Myth In Online Retail
Succeeding at online retail isn’t always about deep discounts — even during the uber-competitive holiday season. Columnist David Rekuc discusses nine other ways you can draw customers in and make it easy for them to say yes.
- Twitter Takes On Google’s Alphabet: Today’s Best Tweets So Far
From funny to insightful to just plain interesting, the tech industry took to Twitter today to comment on the news that Google is now a part of Alphabet.
- Meet Alphabet, The New Conglomerate Absorbing Google That’s Run By Larry Page & Sergey Brin
As subsidiary, Google retains divisions of search, ads, Android, YouTube, apps and more. It also gains a new CEO, Sundar Pichai.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Graphiq Search: FindTheBest Becomes Knowledge Graph Engine
- The Link Strategist: The Missing Role For Enterprise-Level Link Building
- The Cross-Border Series Part 4: Advertising In APAC
- Irony Alert: Could Alphabet’s Hidden Link To Hooli Get It Banned In Google?
- Is Bing Trolling Google & Alphabet With ABC.WTF Redirect?
- Sundar Pichai Appointed Google CEO As Google Becomes Division Of Alphabet Inc.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 2 Incredibly Innovative Ways to Draft a Spectacular Blog Post, www.problogger.net
- The Best Blog Strategies We Found, From a Month Without New Posts, blog.bufferapp.com
- Dorsey Twitter Buy Pales in Comparison With His Stock Sales, adage.com
- Game Publisher’s Lawsuit Against Oculus Moves Forward, mobile.nytimes.com
- StumbleUpon lays off dozens, VentureBeat
- Tech Giants to Hollywood: Stop Trying to Resurrect SOPA, www.hollywoodreporter.com
- The Top 20 Countries Where Professionals Are Moving For Work Based on LinkedIn Data, blog.linkedin.com
- CMOs Are Unhappy With Their Content. Here Are 3 Things They Can Do About It, contently.com
- How To Create a 52-Week Content Calendar in One Hour, pushingsocial.com
- How to Deliver Quantifiable Content Marketing Success With a Small Team, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Guarantee Your Editorial Calendar Works, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Three Innovative Ideas for Using Long-Form Content to Successfully Engage Customers, www.marketingprofs.com
- Why is Chevrolets content marketing so compelling?, econsultancy.com
- 8 Conversion Optimization Tips Using Gestalt Principles, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Tell Stories That Convert: How to Add Narrative to Your Site, blog.crazyegg.com
- The A/B test checklist, thenextweb.com
- We Generated 400+ Leads Through Other People’s Content, unbounce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Making UX Research Usable, usabilitygeek.com
- DeBlasio.Fail is Launched, www.domaininvesting.com
- Google, ABC.xyz, and the growing awareness of new domain names, domainnamewire.com
- B2B and eCommerce Inbound Marketing Compared, www.goinflow.com
- E-commerce startup Jet.com to seek $2 billion valuation, fortune.com
- IPO filings reveal Neiman Marcus’s omnichannel ambitions and strategy, www.retaildive.com
- Why brands should invest in their Amazon product pages, digiday.com
- 16 genuinely useful email marketing tools, econsultancy.com
- Email Newsletter Design: 7 Mistakes to Watch Out For, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Link Your Email Marketing & Website Optimization, blog.marketo.com
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Digital Marketing Investments All Companies Need to Make, www.toprankblog.com
- How to turn your employees into company advocates, econsultancy.com
- Why The CMO Controls The Customer Connection In The Digital Era, www.socialbro.com
- Why You Should Worry About Ad Blocking in 4 Charts, blog.hubspot.com
- Your Marketing Strategy Hinges on Both Brand and Client Research: Here’s the Why & the How, www.marketingprofs.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Bigcommerce Launches Automated Product Ads for Facebook and Twitter, finance.yahoo.com
- Epsilon and Lithium + Klout Form Exclusive Partnership, www.lithium.com
- Evergage Recommend Adds New Recommendation Capability, www.evergage.com
- Former White House Strategist Joe Reinstein Joins Performics Management Team, www.businesswire.com
- TubeMogul Q2: Mobile, Display And TV Grab 20% Of Global Spend, adexchanger.com
- Advertisers Need to Gear Up for Next-Gen Technology (And Its Data), adexchanger.com
- Forget open, ad tech’s future is closed, digiday.com
- It’s Operating Systems Vs. Messaging Apps In The Battle For Tech’s Next Frontier, techcrunch.com
- Making Sense of Your MarTech Stack, www.cmswire.com
- What are the top 10 martech companies? It may surprise you, chiefmartec.com
- Looming mobile ad-blocking crisis favors native ad growth, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Top Free Android Apps July (UK, FR, DE), blog.similarweb.com
- 5 Time Saving Pinterest Marketing Tips, blog.tailwindapp.com
- 6 Ways to Improve Engagement With Social Media Content, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Are You Targeting the Right Audience on Social Media?, simplymeasured.com
- Facebook Ad Targeting Guide, www.contentharmony.com
- Facebook mobile notification breaking news app, www.businessinsider.com
- How Capital One Used Instagram to Boost Ad Recall by 16 Percent, www.adweek.com
- How Groupon Hacked Social Media With the Banana Bunker, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How to Grow Your Twitter Following, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Use Social Media to Delight Current Employees, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Q2 Marketplace Report: Programmatic gets personal, www.Twitter.com
- Snapchat has a new feature to stop you from wasting data, www.theverge.com
- Tell Me a Story: Nonprofit Storytelling Tips for Effective Social Conversion, www.searchinfluence.com
- Why fashion and beauty brands love Instagram, digiday.com
- Facebook Video: Squishy Metrics and Stripping Attribution, www.adweek.com
- Periscope complies to 71 percent of copyright takedown requests, digiday.com
- UK Consumers Embrace Digital Video Viewing, www.emarketer.com
- Understanding How Viewability Relates to Brand Metrics for Video Ads, adwordsagency.blogspot.com
- Why Video Advertising is a Must for Your Mobile App or Game, www.adweek.com