Reader Buy-In: Marketing Land’s Top 10 Retail Columns Of 2015
What was hot among online retail marketers visiting Marketing Land in 2015? Check out these great articles on mobile, analytics and more!
This time of year, it’s all about retail and shopping. But Marketing Land’s columnists kept us awash in valuable retail information the whole year through.
What a year it has been. The biggest trend has likely been the growth of mobile as a platform for shopping (rather than just researching), and our columnists addressed the importance of mobile (including help with Google’s mobile-friendly algorithm update) in many of the top articles for the year. Meanwhile, various social platforms — including the shopper-friendly Pinterest — incorporated technologies to let people make purchases directly from their pages.
Other most-popular columns looked at how retail marketers can use data to achieve success — covering everything from Google Analytics reporting to customer segmentation. The psychology behind purchase behavior proved a big topic of interest this year, as well, as all of our marketing strategies — however enhanced by technology — are built upon meeting prospective customers’ needs and overcoming their objections.
Below you’ll see the ten most popular columns in the retail category in the first 11 months of 2015. Check out these great columns for important insights for this year and well beyond! Many thanks to all of our amazing columnists — especially David Rekuc and Jordan Elkind, who merited multiple mentions on this list.
- Why Most Brands Fail At E-Commerce (And 4 Keys To How To Fix It) by David Rekuc, published on 3/24/15.
Social activity: Facebook 143, Google+ 90, LinkedIn 505
- The Definitive Guide To Pinterest For E-Commerce by David Rekuc, published on 1/27/15.
Social activity: Facebook 304, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 429
- 3 “Hidden” Google Analytics Reports For Retailers by David Rekuc, published on 6/17/15.
Social activity: Facebook 477, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 367
- The Biggest Myth In Online Retail by David Rekuc, published on 8/11/15.
Social activity: Facebook 209, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 377
- How Will Google’s “Mobile-Friendly” Algorithm Affect Affiliate Marketing? by Melissa Feemster, published on 4/17/15.
Social activity: Facebook 636, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 367
- The Most Important E-Commerce Marketing Trends Of The 2014 Holiday Season & What They Mean In 2015 by Jordan Elkind, published on 2/17/15.
Social activity: Facebook 127, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 112
- The Psychology Of Clicking “Buy Now” by Neil Patel, published on 9/11/15.
Social activity: Facebook 226, Google+ 102, LinkedIn 802
- How Usage Of Retailer Mobile Apps Evolved In Holiday 2014 [Data] by Brent Hieggelke, published on 1/8/15.
Social activity: Facebook 87, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 145
- The Role of Data Analytics in Successful Retail Acquisition Campaigns by Alex LePage, published on 2/27/15.
Social activity: Facebook 139, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 285
- The 7 Most Meaningful Dimensions For Customer Segmentation by Jordan Elkind, published on 4/6/15.
Social activity: Facebook 134, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 165
Methodology: Columns published in 2015 are ranked in order of page views measured by Google Analytics. Data includes all columns published through November 30, 2015. Social data provided by SharedCount.