Marketing Day: Snapchat paperclips, IAB in-app ads & affiliate attribution
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Attributing affiliate value: Looking beyond consumer journey position
Jul 7, 2017 by James Collins
Columnist James Collins takes a look at how you can get the most out of your data to improve your affiliate marketing performance.
- Vintage Italia’s CMO credits his father with being the most influential person in his career
Jul 7, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Get to know Vintage Italia’s CMO, Adam Cohen.
- IAB Tech Lab releases MRAID 3.0 for creating in-app rich media ads across platforms
Jul 7, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The standard is meant to let in-app ad creators “write once, run anywhere.” The latest version offers new functionality.
- Snapchat launches new features, including Paperclips for links within Snaps
Jul 6, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Now, marketers and any content creators can add links to their Snaps.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Investing in Menlo Park and the Community, newsroom.fb.com
- Microsoft will layoff thousands of employees, www.cnbc.com
- Winning Customers with Educational Content Marketing [RESEARCH], www.conductor.com
- 5 Real World Content Marketing Mistakes to Avoid, CopyPress
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 10 Mobile-Friendly Web Design Features All Designers Should Know, Usability Geek
- Research strategies to help media companies understand how their users interact with content, www.usertesting.com
- What the Internet’s Best About Us Pages Can Teach Brands, Contently
- Donuts files patent for system to handle restricted domain names, Domain Name Wire
- Is Verisign about to change the expired domain drop catching game?, Domain Name Wire
- Costco shrugs off Amazon worries with June sales surge, Retail Dive
- How to Audit Your Ecommerce Content, and Why, Practical E-Commerce
- West Elm taps Pinterest images for product recommendations, Retail Dive
General Internet Marketing
- Avoid Blind Spots in Your Lead Scoring with Social Intent Data, Marketo
- Behavioral Marketing: A Closer Look at What Gets Consumers Clicking, KISS Metrics
- Making DAM the ‘Nerve Center for Content’, CMSWire
- The Failure Of Innovation In Ad Tech, Ad Exchanger
- Facebook Audience Test Without Targeting Restrictions, PPC Hero
- How long are viral Instagram videos?, www.newswhip.com
- How Twitter Data Informs Creative Ventures, Content Marketing Institute
- The Psychology Behind Why We Like, Share, & Comment on Facebook – Infographic, Crazy Egg