YouTube’s Top Ten July Ads: Samsung Takes #1 & #3 Spots
YouTube released its top ten video ads from last month today, along with its midyear ranking of the top creative and media agencies with ads on the site. For video ads, Samsung Mobile was the big winner, taking the No. 1 and No. 3 spots in July. The brand’s two spots — “Galaxy11: The Match […]
For video ads, Samsung Mobile was the big winner, taking the No. 1 and No. 3 spots in July. The brand’s two spots — “Galaxy11: The Match Part 2” and “Do more with Samsung Galaxy Tablet” — generated more than 22 million views total.
According to YouTube, viewers spent, on average, 2:02 minutes watching last month’s top ads.
YouTube’s Top 10 Video Ads for July
1. Samsung Mobile: #Galaxy11: The Match Part 2 (16,136,053 views)
2. Nike Jordan: RE2PECT (7,458,969 views)
3. Samsung Mobile: Do more with Samsung Galaxy Tablet (6,612,490 views)
4. TDCanada: Sometimes you just want to say thank you (6,004,423 views)
5. Burger King: Burger King Proud Whopper (5,146,232 views)
6. Jibo: The World’s First Family Robot (4,021,580 views)
7. Guinness: Empty Chair (2,669,611 views)
8. Old Spice: Soccer (2,099,114 views)
9. Lexus International: Amazing in Motion (1,468,496 views)
10. Heineken: Neil Patrick Harris (717,199 views)
In addition to ranking its top ads, YouTube also awarded Gold, Silver and Bronze status to the creative and media agencies that have scored the most ads on the site between January and July of this year.
While we usually share a year-end Agency Leaderboard, we decided to provide this information as a midway point to track the progress of some of our top contenders over time.
With 12 ad placements for brands like Old Spice, Coca-Cola and Nike, Wieden + Kennedy won the Gold as the top performing creative agency on YouTube so far this year. Saatchi & Saatchi took the Silver award with four ad placements, while Droga, Cheil and TWBA – each with three placements – tied for the Bronze.
The top media agency on YouTube mid-year is MediaVest with nine total ad placements. Starcom followed taking the Silver award, and MindShare and Wieden + Kennedy won the Bronze.
You can see each agency’s YouTube ads on YouTube’s Leaderboard website.