Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
SEMPO Announces Call For “Search Congress” To Draft Search Engine Marketing Code Of Ethics
An organizational meeting to discuss the proposed initiative will be held during Pubcon in Las Vegas next week.
Search engine marketing organization SEMPO announced a call for search engine marketers to participate in a proposed “Search Congress” to create and enforce a search engine marketing code of ethics for North America.
According to the announcement, the proposed Search Congress delegates must be nominated by a search engine marketing organization that meets the following criteria:
- Groups that self-identify as serving search engine marketers in some capacity.
- Groups that are at least one-year old.
- Groups that have at least ten dues-paying members.
- Active SEMPO local groups that are more than a year old.
- Groups that are primarily in North America.
- Groups that have pre-existing by-laws.
“A search engine marketing code of ethics won’t work unless it has broad adoption from a variety of groups in the industry,” said SEMPO’s vice president of communications Tony Wright who is leading the initiative, “It is going to take the effort of many different people of diverse opinions and backgrounds to make this work.”
An meeting to discuss next steps is planned for Pubcon next week October 6 – 9 in Las Vegas. SEMPO said anyone interested in attending should follow @SEMPOGlobal and @Pubcon to find out more details on the meeting’s location and scheduled time.