[Study] Moz Releases 2015 Search Engine Ranking Factors
A new study from Moz combines data from 150 industry leaders and gives us a look at the search ranking factors that matter in 2015.
Every few years, the folks over at Moz pore over more than 170 attributes and poll 150 of the leading marketing minds on what they think are the most important ranking factors. Today, the 2015 version has arrived.
Chock-full of beautiful graphics (powered by robust crowdsourced data), the 2015 Ranking Factors Study is a must-read. A few morsels from the study:
- The continued lessening of the importance of on-page keyword use
- A high correlation between links and ranks
- Low relationship between type of top-level domain (TLD) and rankings
- Social shares and the correlation with positive rankings
- Engagement metrics that correlate lower bounce rates with better rankings
Of course, there is much more. Head on over to Moz to see the full details from the 2015 Ranking Factors Study.