Top 10 YouTube Ads In June: Arnold Schwarzenegger Prank Wins The No. 1 Spot
Posing as the Terminator, Schwarzenegger helps After School All Stars raise funds for after school programs.
Last month’s top video ad on YouTube was a spot from Omaze.com featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger. Aimed at raising funds for after-school programs, the video featured Schwarzenegger as The Terminator, pranking fans who thought they were posing with a wax statue.
YouTube’s ad leaderboard for June also included three newcomers: Dunkin Donuts, OxiClean and Hearthstone.
Edging in at No. 9, Oxiclean’s ad was produced in collaboration with BuzzFeed, showcasing how cleaning has changed through the years. Video game creator Hearthstone made it all the way to the No. 3 spot for its debut appearance.
Both Apple and Google made it into the top ten list as well: Apple winning two spots with ads filmed using an iPhone 6, and Google at No. 5 with an ad promoting “Google My Business.”
According to YouTube, June’s top ads generated a combined 47.9 million views, and more than 73 million minutes of total watch time.
Top 10 YouTube Ads in June
1. After-School All-Stars: Arnold Schwarzenegger Prank
2. Dove: First Fatherhood Moments for Father’s Day
3. Hearthstone: Substitution
4. Samsung Mobile: Galaxy S6 Edge Display
5. Google: Google+ Building a Proud Community with Google My Business
6. Apple: Shot on an iPhone 6 by Antoine D.
7. Dunkin’ Donuts: Gronk and Big Papi Summer Chill Hit Single ‘Sippin’
8. Apple: Shot on an iPhone 6 by Cielo D.
9. OxiClean: How Cleaning Has Changed Through the Years
10. Ford: Ford GT Returns to Le Mans