Top 10 YouTube ads in March: New Always #LikeAGirl spot ranks No. 1 with 18M views
The latest installment from the Always #LikeAGirl campaign generated nearly double the views of the second-ranking video ad last month.
The latest ad from the Always #LikeAGirl campaign topped YouTube’s list of the 10 most-watched video ads in March. The brand’s latest “Girl Emojis” spot earned 18.1 million views, nearly double the 9.8 million views generated by the No. 2 video ad, “Gift,” from the DU Group.
Under Armor’s “Rule Yourself” ad featuring Michael Phelps is the first Olympics-themed spot to make YouTube’s ad leaderboard this year. With 4.7 million views, the ad ranked No. 6.
The elections made it into last month’s list, as well, with Our Principles PAC’s video highlighting a number of derogatory quotes Donald Trump has said about women. It was the eighth most-watched spot of March, earning 3.2 million views during the month.
According to YouTube, the top 10 ads in March earned a combined 65.5 million views and accounted for 1.3 million hours of watch-time.
Top 10 YouTube Ads in March
1. Always: #LikeAGirl Girl Emojis (18.1M views)
2. DU Group: Gift (9.8M views)
3. Samsung Galaxy S7: Champagne Calls (8.6M views)
4. iPhone 6s: Timer (8.1M views)
5. Disney Parks: Unforgettable Stories – The Mansfield Family (4.8M views)
6. Under Armor: Rule Yourself featuring Michael Phelps (4.7M views)
7. ROC by Monster: Cristiano Ronaldo (4M views)
8. Our Principles PAC: Donald Trump quotes about women (3.2M views)
9. Barbie: Barbie Spy Squad Recreation (2.1M views)
10. McDonald’s: The McDonald’s Cafe – Taiwan (2M views)