Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Top 10 YouTube Video Ads In August: DC Shoes & ROC by Monster Debut At #1 & #2
Last month's top ten video ads generated a combined 73,190,366 views and accounted for more than 156 million minutes watched.
Last month, DC Shoes topped YouTube’s list of most popular video ads, earning 18 million views for its Robbie Maddison’s “Pipe Dream” spot. It was an impressive debut for the brand, outranking video ads from Lexus, Jordan, Old Spice and Purina.
The No. 2 spot was also taken by a brand-new entry to the list. ROC by Monster’s video ad featuring soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo won 10.8 million views.
The theme for August’s top video ads appeared to be professional athletes, with Cristiano Ronaldo, Blake Griffin, Rafael Nadal, J.J. Watt and the Manning brothers all making appearances on the top ten list.
Gatorade showed up twice on the list, generating a combined five million views with its two spots ranking #7 and #8.
YouTube says last month’s leaderboard brands earned a total of 73,190,366 views and accounted for more than 156 million minutes watched on the site.
Top 10 YouTube Video Ads in August
1. DC Shoes: Robbie Maddison’s “Pipe Dream” (18M views)
2. ROC by Monster: Cristiano Ronaldo in disguise (10.8M views)
3. Lexus: The Lexus Hoverboard – It’s Here (9.8M views)
4. Jordan: The Dunk to End All Dunks (9M views)
5. Quaker: The Recital (7.2M views)
6. Old Spice: And So It Begins (6.9M views)
7. Gatorade: Sweat It to Get It, featuring J.J. Watt (3.2M views)
8. Gatorade: Sweat It to Get It, featuring Peyton and Eli Manning (3.1M views)
9. BuzzFeed Video w/ Purina: Dear Kitten “Regarding Friendship” (2.5M views)
10. Tommy Hilfiger: It All Comes Off, featuring Rafael Nadal (2.5M views)