Top 20 Most Shared Video Ads In 2015: Puppies, Furry Friends & Bionic Arms Make It A Feel-Good Year
With more than 6.4 million shares, Android's "Friends Furever" surpassed 2014's "La La La" by Shakira to become the most shared ad of all time.
With more than a month left to go in 2015, video metrics firm Unruly says Android’s “Friends Furever” ranks as the No. 1 most shared ad of the year with a total of 6,432,997 shares across Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Android not only made it to the top of this year’s list, its ad also surpassed last year’s “La La La” video by Shakira — an ad made in partnership with Danone Activa in support of the World Food Programme — for the most shared ad of all time.
Pets and furry animals were a big hit this year, with five of the top 20 videos featuring animals.
“Data analysis of 1,300 ads proves that 2015 was a highly emotional year for video ads,” says Unruly co-CEO Sarah Wood, “Warmth and happiness shone through, with brands using fluffy pets and simple story lines to melt our hearts and amplify sharing.”
Ads like “Love Has No Labels” from the Ad Council and Microsoft’s video featuring Robert Downey, Jr. delivering a bionic arm to a young boy pulled on viewer’s heartstrings, helping both spots make it into the top ten.
Adidas was the only brand to have multiple ads in the top 20 list, with spots ranking No. 16, No.18 and No. 20. The brand scored just over two million total shares for all three spots, still fewer than the top nine ads.
According to Unruly’s data, the top 20 most shared videos of this year were shared a total of 40,219,853 times — an impressive 38.5-percent increase over the number of shares won by last year’s most shared video ads.
Most Shared Videos of 2015
1. Android: Friends Furever (6.4M shares)
2. Disney: Disney Characters Surprise Shoppers (3.9M shares)
3. Purina/BuzzFeed Video: Puppyhood (3M shares)
4. Ronaldo – ROC Live Life Loud: Cristano Ronaldo in Disguise (2.9M shares)
5. Budweiser: Lost Dog (2.8M shares)
6. Ad Council: Love Has No Labels (2.7M shares)
7. Zorba: Maya (2.6M shares)
8. Fanpage.it: Slap Her – Children’s Reactions (2.3M shares)
9. Microsoft: Robert Down Jr. Delivers a Real Bionic Arm (2.1M shares)
10. Kleenex: Unlikely Best Friends (2M shares)
11. Metlife: My Dad’s Story (1.4M shares)
12. Pandora: The Unique Connection (1.1M shares)
13. DC Shoes: Robbie Maddison’s Pipe Dream (1M shares)
14. Supercell: Clash of Clans – Revenge (1M shares)
15. Coldplay: Game of Thrones The Musical (998,762 shares)
16. Adidas: Create Your Own Game (779,019 shares)
17. John Lewis: #ManOnTheMoon (693,343 shares)
18. Adidas: Unfollow featuring Leo Messi (681,645 shares)
19. Sainsbury’s: Mog’s Christmas Calamity (629,720 shares)
20. Adidas: Take It (625,545 shares)