TrackMaven Report: What your content says about your social media marketing strategy
TrackMaven shows which industries perform best on Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin and Facebook--among other things.
TrackMaven has released its Social Media Marketing Strategy report, which analyzed social media content across 40,000 companies across 130 major industries across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. From their data, they saw how each social network is different across the board.
Key takeaways of the survey found the following:
- LinkedIn found traction in wine & spirits, luxury goods & jewelry and airlines/aviation industries, with these posts having the highest average interactions per post. Interestingly enough, pharma has the highest average followers but isn’t the top performer.
- If you’re in sports or entertainment, Facebook is where you want to be. These businesses see the top average of followers, posts per month and likes/shares/comments/reactions per post.
- If you’re in the music industry, Instagram and Twitter is where it’s at. On Twitter, the average likes/retweets is 1,745. On Instagram, the average is 58,546 likes and comments.
- Businesses on Instagram see better engagement than on Facebook. Engagement is 10 times higher on Instagram, in fact. But when Instagram took a monetization strategy, its engagement ratio fell by nearly a quarter. Sound familiar?
- Engagement decreases per 1,000 followers. In other words, the more followers you have, it’s almost worse for you. The chart below shows an engagement that decreased on Instagram by nearly 26%, on Facebook by over 8% and by LinkedIn by nearly 8%. The opposite was true for Twitter which increased slightly, perhaps because that’s where all the brands (and marketers for the brands) are at.
The full report is available free on TrackMaven’s site.
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.