Twitter Usage Numbers, From The IPO S-1
Twitter released its S-1 this afternoon, disclosing revenues of nearly $317 million last year and a net loss of roughly $80 million in 2012, down from $128.3 million in 2011. If all goes according to plan, the company will raise roughly $1 billion with its IPO.
Twitter will likely trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “TWTR.”
In addition to revenues there were a range of usage figures revealed by Twitter S-1. The following are the top-line numbers disclosed in the filing:
- Roughly 215 million monthly active users (MAUs) vs. 151.4 million average MAUs in June 2012
- 100 million daily active users
- Roughly 500 million Tweets per day
- US: 49.2 MAUs; outside US: 169.1 million MAUs
- 77 percent of average MAUs (Q2) were from outside the US
- 75 percent of users access Twitter via mobile devices (as of Q2)
- In excess of 65 percent of Twitter’s ad revenue is coming from mobile
- Since inception in 2006, there have been over 300 billion Tweets
- More than six million websites have integrated with Twitter
Twitter’s IPO will make millionaires and billionaires of its top executives and co-founders, especially its largest single shareholder Ev Williams who owns 12 percent of the company.