Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
[VIDEO] Marketing Land Live #9: Facebook F8 recap, marketing bots, Amazon SEO & more
Watch our latest episode of Marketing Land Live, where Greg Finn, Danny Sullivan and Matt McGee talk about the big marketing news from the past week.
Facebook dominated the marketing and tech news this week, thanks to all of the announcements coming out of the company’s annual F8 developers’ conference. And the big story overall was bots, and how brands will be able to use bots to market to consumers via Facebook Messenger — and how consumers can use bots to do business with brands they like.
That was the main topic that we talked about Friday on the ninth episode of Marketing Land Live, our weekly video program. We also touched on recent studies that analyzed Facebook engagement patterns on Pages of all sizes, and how online merchants can rank better in Amazon.com’s search results.
The show runs about 45 minutes and you can watch the replay below. Be sure to scroll below the video for this week’s Show Notes, with links to the stories we talked about.
Note: Due to technical issues, we did this show via Google Hangout instead of on Blab.im. We also live-streamed it on Facebook Live. We recommend you skip the first three minutes of the video below, which is when we were still testing our setup and making sure everything was working.
We record new episodes of Marketing Land Live every Friday at 12:00 p.m. ET / 9:00 a.m. PT on Blab, so we hope you’ll make plans to join us live in the future.
- Facebook’s Messenger Platform launched, allows businesses to build bots
- How I sent Mark Zuckerberg flowers using a Facebook Messenger bot
- Facebook Messenger positioned as replacement for mobile web, apps & SMS
- The week when digital marketing entered the bots era
- Facebook talks VR at Facebook F8 keynote
- Facebook exposes Page posts’ Reaction counts through new API
- Facebook brings its Instapaper-like Save button to wider web
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.