Samsung Galaxy had the most-watched ad on YouTube in November with 23.9M views
The ad owned more than a third of the views generated by the top 10 ads combined last month.
With 23.9 million views, Samsung Galaxy’s “Growing Up” ad owned more than a third of the 66.7 million views generated by the top 10 ads on YouTube in November.
Last month’s most popular ads accounted for 82.4 million minutes of watch time on YouTube. Not only did Samsung take more than a third of the total views earned by November’s most-watched ads, its lead was substantial over the No. 2 spot — Audi’s “Parking Lot” ad, which received 7.3 million views.
Three brands — Apple, GEICO and Nintendo — had two ads each that ranked in the top 10, but even the combined views for each brand’s two ranking spots didn’t compete with Samsung’s No. 1 ad. GEICO’s two ads generated a combined 8.3 million views, and Nintendo’s two ranking spots earned a total of 7.3 million views.
Apple came the closest with a combined 10.4 million views but still didn’t get half the views Samsung received.
Three holiday spots made it into November’s top 10 ad leaderboard: Audi’s “Parking Lot,” which is part of the carmaker’s holiday campaign, Apple’s “Holiday — Sway” spot and Macy’s 2017 holiday commercial, “The Perfect Gift Brings People Together.”
YouTube’s top ads in November
1. Samsung Galaxy: Growing Up (23.9M views)
2. Audi Holiday Campaign: Parking Lot (7.3M views)
3. Apple iPad Pro: What’s a Computer? (5.4M views)
4. Lowe’s Home Improvement: Escape Room | Can they build their way out? (5.3M views)
5. Apple: Holiday Sway (5M views)
6. GEICO: Randy Jackson’s Dawg Show (4.2M views)
7. GEICO: Game Night with a Sloth (4.1M views)
8. Macy’s 2017 Holiday Commercial: Lighthouse | The Perfect Gift Brings People Together (4M views)
9. Nintendo: Jump Up, Super Star! Super Mario Odyssey Musical (3.7M views)
10. Nintendo: Nintendo Switch | Get Together with Great Games. Anytime, Anywhere. (3.6M views)
In addition to being the most-watched brand on YouTube in November, Samsung India Service’s “We’ll take care of you wherever you are” was the top ad for all of 2017, according to YouTube’s recent Year in Review.
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.