Yelp: 59 Percent Of Searches Now Mobile
Earlier this afternoon, Yelp announced its second quarter earnings. Net quarterly revenue was $55 million, which represents 69 percent growth over last year. The company also announced a smaller loss than a year ago: $878,000 vs. $2.0 million.
Yelp said that it now had 42.5 million reviews across its properties. The following are some of the additional metrics released by the company today with its Q2 earnings:
- Total average monthly uniques: 108 million (38 percent growth)
- Active business accounts: 51,400 (62 percent growth)
- Revenue for the first half: $101.2 million (68 percent higher than 2012)
- 40 percent of local ads are now shown via mobile
- 59 percent of search queries are mobile
Yelp also said it was making good progress in the integration of one-time competitor Qype, acquired in the third quarter last year. It has integrated Qype’s content so far in three markets: Ireland, Italy and Spain, with France coming next.
Yelp’s guidance for Q3 was $58 million to $59 million. Full year 2013 revenue is expected to be $222 million to $224 million.