Top 10 YouTube Video Ads in March: Ad Council’s Viral Hit “Love Has No Labels” Ranks No. 1
Ranked by paid views, organic views and audience retention, last month's top ads generated more than 102 million views.
The Ad Council’s anti-discrimination video “Love Has No Labels” made it to the top of YouTube’s most popular ads for March 2014. Posted on March 3, the spot quickly became a viral hit, garnering more than 50 million views to date.
While two new brands broke into last month’s top ten list – Valspar Paint at No. 9, and the Johnson and Johnson owned brand Clean and Clear at No. 10 – two YouTube sponsored videos found their way into the top ten as well.
A video promoting the 2015 YouTube Music Awards ranked No. 5, and “#DearMe – What advice would you give yourself?” from the YouTube Spotlight channel ranked No. 7. (The YouTube Spotlight channels bills itself as a place to find, “…gotta-watch videos from across YouTube.”)
To rank its most popular video ads every month, YouTube uses an algorithm that factors in paid views, organic views and audience retention. According to YouTube, March’s top ads generated a combined 102.8 million views, and more than 166 minutes watched, up eight percent over February’s top ads which were primarily Super Bowl spots.
Top Ten YouTube Video Ads for March 2015
1. Ad Council: Love Has No Labels
2. Durex: #Connect
3. Samsung: Galaxy 6 Official Introduction
4. Samsung: Galaxy 6 Design Story
5. YouTube: Music Awards 2015
6. GEICO: Family – Unskippable
7. YouTube Spotlight: #DearMe – What Advice Would You Give Yourself?
8. GoPro: Didga the Skateboarding Cat
9. Valspar Paint: Color for the Colorblind
10. Clean & Clear: See the Real Me